Rainy day. Monday blues. How about some comforting, yet exotic soup and fresh baguette?
Here’s a very simple, rustic recipe that is wholesome and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. I stole it off some Food TV show a long time ago.
1 large can of chick peas
450 ml of chicken stock
Half cup of chopped onions
1 teaspoon of cumin
Dash of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper (to taste)
Garnish with cilantro
1. Heat up a bit of olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat
2. Add onions, saute for a couple minutes
3. Add can of chick peas
4. Add chicken stock
5. Add cumin, salt and pepper
6. Bring mixture to a boil
7. Turn down heat to a simmer. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes
8. Take a potato masher and roughly mash the chick peas to give it some rustic goodness.
9. Serve in a bowl with fresh baguette.
Ooh yeah, comfort food! For the advanced chefs, I came across a recipe (thanks to April and Jen) that added cubed chicken, peanut butter, diced tomatoes, ginger and raisins to make it even more creamy and wholesome. Enjoy! Would love to hear your comments if you try it out.