Some of you know that my siblings and I have a tradition of a weekly dinner together. It’s usually my sis and her husband (my bro in law), but when my brother is in town from the valley, then that makes 4 of us. We take turns making dinner which makes for a nice night off from cooking each week.
Here’s a simple and rustic pasta and fish dish that we had recently: Fillet of Sole with Fettuccine, tossed with olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes.
Difficulty rating: 2 out of 5
– 8 small fillets of sole (Safeway had a sale off frozen sole fillets)
– Whole wheat Fettuccine
– Cherry tomatoes (halved)
– Green onions
– 2 tbsp Butter
– Olive oil
1. Cook the pasta
2. While pasta is boiling, heat your pan to medium-high, add Canola oil
3. Dry the fish, and season them with salt and pepper
4. Pan sear the fillets (they cook quite quickly, probably 3 mins a side – once it flakes easily with a fork, it’s ready)
5. Remove the fish
6. Preheat another pan and add butter and olive oil
7. When the butter starts bubbling, add chopped garlic and green onions
8. Toss in the cooked pasta and cherry tomatoes – get the oil and butter to coat the pasta
9. Season well with salt and pepper
10. Serve pasta and top off with the fillets
Call your siblings or friends. Share some food!